Wednesday, May 28, 2014

First day in Fuzhou


After over 30 hours of traveling, we finally arrived at our hotel in Fuzhou.  Fortunately we slept great last night.  After a yummy breakfast, we drove to Olivia's orphanage.  We got to meet her foster mom and foster grandma.  We made a picture album for them with pictures of Olivia and our family over the years.  Olivia was very quiet during the entire meeting.  She seemed OK with it but just nervous and quiet.  So now they all think she is a quiet girl.  Ha!  If only they knew her true personality!  The foster grandma seemed especially excited to see her and picked her up and held her.  

Then we went on a walk to Old Fuzhou.  This was a place where the old family homes have been restored and are set up like a museum, with lots of cute touristy shops and local food.  As the day went on, it got hotter so we decided for fun to take a rickshaw ride.  Can you believe this is my 6th time in China, but my first rickshaw ride?

We are spending some time in our room resting now and will go back out to the park and find dinner once the sun is down more.  This heat and humidity is going to take a while to get used to!

I am trying posting via email because I have to use a vpn to blog which slows things down, but I can only send one picture at a time so I will have multiple posts each day with a picture on each post.



Sent from Samsung tablet

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, I kept going to your facebook page and kept clicking on older posts so didn't realize you'd posted. I'm such a loser. Was so excited to see you made it and are doing great. Sounds like Olivia was processing internally - a good sign. What a wonderful trip for her to get to see her past and also experience an adoption through her own eyes. Life changing (at least at was for Mia at that age). You both look great!! So excited to here about tomorrow and can hardly wait until Friday when you will meet sweet Jacob!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia is such a sweet, good girl!! I don't think I would have been brave enough to take Leilah. I love her to pieces, but she is a whiner! The heat and her whining would have done me in! lol

    ReplyDelete