Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Enjoying the kids
















Sorry for such a long time before an update! I have noticed that I am terrible at remembering to bring the camera places, so these pictures are from the past month.

Josiah is doing better each day. His tantrums are improving, shorter in length and less frequently. He is still tempermental, but this might just be his personality. His communication is slowly improving as he learns more signs. It seems like he is starting to understand more English now too. He will have his cleft palate surgery and have tubes placed one of the last two weeks of April (still to be scheduled). We are looking forward to him having his surgery so he can start working on speech more, but dreading the actual surgery and recovery.

As you can see with the pictures, Josiah loves playing with his sisters and brother. He usually wants to be doing the same thing that the older kids are doing, so when they are working at the table, he has to be at the table too. When they are dancing or playing dress up, he does this too. I don't think I got any pictures of it, but he loves putting on the girl's princess dresses and shoes just as much as the girls do, and of course they love to dress him up! Josiah even rode on his Papa's go cart cause he saw his siblings and cousins doing it so he had to try! One of his favorite things is going to the park and going on the swings and slide. He doesn't like it when he is left behind, like when the big kids go to AWANA's, but he still enjoys the one on one time he gets with his Daddy when the others are gone.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! The pics are terrific! I can't get over how much the kids have all grown. Hannah doesn't look like a little girl any more, she has grown up so much. And Olivia, well, I hardly recognize her either. Your family is an inspiration. Such a great time everyone is always having. Josiah looks like he has been there forever with his big brother and sisters.

    Hugs,
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks so fun and inviting. Josiah and the kids look like they are doing wel together.

    And keep those updates coming ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute playing together. You can see that Josiah has gotten bigger and he looks so happy with his family. I love the picture of all the kids on the couch, it's so nice to see they all love their new little brother.

    ReplyDelete