Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New pictures!!

We sent a care package to Ai Lang on Monday through Gifts to China with Love (http://giftstochinawithlove.com/), which is a wonderful care package service that my friend Sheri runs with the help of Katherine in China. We just sent a pretty basic care package to introduce ourselves to Ai Lang and his caretakers at the orphanage, since they probably don't know yet that he has a family waiting for him. It included a letter to the people caring for him, some pictures of our family in a cute little board book, some candy for the nannies, a disposable camera (so we can develop the pictures when we pick him up), and a panda bear stuffed animal for Ai Lang.

Then this morning, we woke up to the surprise of some new pictures and updated measurements!! We were hoping we would get some new pictures, but didn't know if we would. Some orphanages don't like giving updates and we didn't know what this orphanage would do.

Here's the great pictures:




I love this picture, showing that he is sitting up by himself and playing with his feet!

Other good news: our homestudy is done! Right now, it is on it's way to our house. Then once we get it we will send it along with our I-800A application to USCIS (immigration services). Then we wait to get a letter with a fingerprinting appointment. So, we are still hoping to have all our dossier sent to China by the end of the year or early January.

3 comments:

  1. I'm crying tears of joy. Your little guy is just so great, sweet and precious - he touches my heart in such a big way, esp seeing him playing with his feet which is how I picture him when I think of him every day when I watch Kai do the same. You are one blessed family!!!!

    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just so beautiful! Glad to hear things are moving forward!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a delight! That second photo gives me such joy to see. What a treat to get these. :)
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete