Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Waiting..... and a name!


Waiting is something most people don't like to do. Waiting in long lines at the grocery store. Waiting for the cookies to finish cooking. Waiting for the first days of Spring. Waiting for a child to come home. The whole adoption process is a bunch of hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait, and repeat I don't know how many times. I don't mind the hurry up part, but detest the waiting part.

But it is during the waiting times that I see God really working. When I'm waiting for something, I tend to draw closer to God. Partially to ask Him to hurry up the wait. I'm human after all! But mostly to seek comfort from Him and grow in my relationship with Him during the wait.

So we wait. All our paperwork is in China now, waiting for someone over there to send us a letter stating that we are approved to adopt our son. This wait is one of the biggest unknowns of the process, how long it will be. With Olivia and Josiah's adoptions, we waited about 80 days for this approval. More recently, people have been waiting anywhere from 30 to 70 days. We are of course praying that it will come soon! After all, it is not just us waiting. There is a little boy in a crowded orphanage in China, waiting for a family to show him what love is. We are also praying that while he is waiting for his family, someone will love him there.

AND

I think I completely forgot to announce on our blog that we have a name!!

Jayden Ailang

Jayden is named after my dad, Jay. Jayden is derived from the Hebrew name Jadon, who was a man that helped Nehemiah rebuild the wall in Jerusalem, it means thankful. And his given Chinese name is Gao Ai Lang. Every child from his orphanage has Gao as their surname. Ai is given to every child found in 2009 and Lang is his unique name.

1 comment:

  1. perfect name and praying while you wait.. may you have the most special paper soon

    ReplyDelete