Thursday, November 21, 2013

Introducing...our new son!!

Surprise!!  Or not.  I think for most people it doesn't really come as a surprise that we are adopting again!  I know, we (or I should say David) keeps saying that we are done, and then low and behold we announce that we are going back for another child.  This particular child, our agency's coordinator emailed us his file when it was sent to the agency's individual waiting child list.  That was back in July.  At that time, we were not ready to make a decision to adopt anyone.  We prayed that he would find a family, and I even advocated for him on a limb differences site.  He continued to wait on the list, and we continued to think and pray about him.  Finally towards the end of September, we decided to ask for an update and asked a few clarifying questions about him.  On my birthday, we received several pictures and a video of him.  While I was watching the video, Jayden was sitting on my lap.  He said "Look!!  He has no arms, just like me!!"  That was the clincher for us that we were supposed to bring this precious child home.  We had an amazing social worker that was willing to complete the home study quickly, and now we are two weeks into our wait for the preliminary immigration approval.  We are estimating travel in July, but it could be sooner (or later) depending on lots of variables.

Here he is!!!



He is living at a great foster home called Swallow's Nest in Henan Province.  We are so happy that he will be in such great care and is being loved while we are waiting to go get him.


5 comments:

  1. So happy for you and Jayden, we will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are happy that he has a family. We know when we take a child, they'll probably be with us for two years. Knowing this little guy will be leaving soon to be with his forever family is an answer to our prayers....Blessings from am at swallow's nest http://www.swallowsnestzz.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I hope this doesn't sound weird, but my daughter, who we will pick up from Swallow's Nest in just a few weeks, happens to LOVE your new son! We have video that our agency sent to us that shows the caregivers holding out your son in front of our daughter in order to encourage her to walk! It's precious! Anyway, I've been captivated by your sweet boy for a year now and have been praying that the perfect family finds him, and it looks like God answered my prayers and yours! You can check out our blog at www.deuelfamilyadoption.blogspot.com. We live in Northern CA. Maybe we can connect some time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. April,
    Your new son is adorable!! I'm so jealous and wish we too had the faith and courage to adopt again, "just one more time". So looking forward to living through your journey with you.
    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete