Monday, September 21, 2009

Birthday, first day of school, elephants, and update, OH MY!

It's been a couple weeks since I've given an update, and a lot has happened. First of all, Olivia turned 3!! And she has to tell everyone she meets that she is 3. Very proud girl!

We also had three days in a row of first day of school. Joel was first one up, going to second grade. Oh, and he lost another tooth last week too!

Then Hannah had her first day of Kindergarten. And she scored two goals last Saturday in soccer!

Olivia started "preschool" as well. It is a one day a week speech group at the developmental preschool. She is also getting two individual sessions of speech a week.

We have been super super super busy with our new schedule, between school, therapy, ballet, soccer, and now starting AWANAs. But at least I always have one or more kid at home with me at all times, so I don't get too lonely!

We are sending Josiah a care package for his second birthday, on October 5th. I'll post pictures of the package once we get them. We decided to use a service this time, and got updated measurements. He is about 22 pounds and a little over 32 inches tall. That puts him way below the American charts for weight (he is the weight of an average 11 month old) and around the 10'th percentile for height (about the height of a 18 month old). So he must be super skinny! We will have to have all adjustable waist bands for this little guy or his pants will for sure fall off.

Still waiting for our LOA. We are on day 39 of our wait since our log in date. Probably the very earliest it will come would be in 3 weeks, but more likely 5 or more weeks.

Joel and Hannah (along with their cousins Leah and Brady) rode on an elephant yesterday at the circus!

Also yesterday, they ran in their first real race!

3 comments:

  1. Such terrific pictures of all of your kids! I can't get over how much Olivia has grown up. She looks like a little girl instead of a baby. I just can't believe how much she has changed. She looks like a teen leaning up against that pole! lol
    Congrats on the updated measurements. I hope you get some pics from Ann too, but it all depends on if your SWI will give them to her.
    Love ya,
    sheri ....leaving in 15 days to get our Olivia!
    http://journeytooliviagrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole family looks great and happily busy.

    Can't wait for Josiah to join the awesome crew!

    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your babies are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. I think you are the family that has the most fun I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete