Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One more summer almost over...

We are ending summer with a bang. Hannah and I (April) went backpacking last weekend together and enjoyed some great mother/daughter bonding. We went on a nice hike near the three Sister's to a quiet lake. Had some unplanned adventures, like stepping on a yellow jacket nest and Hannah being stung twice. She was so brave, and God really provided. I didn't pack a full first aid kit, since we were only going one night and not a super long hike. But soon after she got stung some ladies came by who happened to have children's Benadryl and children's Motrin. They also suggested using mud on the sting, which worked wonderfully. Next time, I'm going over prepared with a full first aid kit no matter how short the trip is!

Also, our camp stove decided to not work. We brought freeze dried food for our dinner, so needed hot water. With Hannah's cheering and encouraging, I made a fire to boil some water. We are now officially mountain women!

And for what's new with Joel, see the picture below!!

Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mud for bee stings - who knew???

A Mother/Daughter sunset

The little mermaid goes for a swim

Joel lost both front teeth in the same day!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mountain Women! It looked like a grand time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of you and Hannah with the sunset. You both look so happy - like it's a true trip to remember. What a strong, brave little girl - like mother like daughter.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete