So what have we been up to? A lot, I guess. I'll try to remember. Josiah had his cleft palate repair done on April 23rd. He had it done at the Portland Shriner's Hospital for Children. They are excellent there, and his care was wonderful. The first week home was really really rough, with a lot of regression. He was just not a happy guy and was mad about wearing the no-no's (arm restraints so he wouldn't put anything in his mouth), mad about not getting to eat what everyone else was eating (he was on a pureed food diet) and just mad about everything. Prior to his surgery, his way of self soothing was putting his right hand near his cheek/lips and lightly rubbing there. With the no-no's he couldn't do this, and this made him MAD!!! So needless to say, he spent the first week after surgery crying and screaming more than not. But it got better each week, and I am happy to say that now, 1 1/2 months after surgery, we have the happier version of Josiah back. He had really bad night terrors for the first month, but those are better now too.
"What did you do to me???"
Trying so hard to be brave.
My cousins, Leah and Brady, visited me while at the hospital and took me on a ride! What fun!
We only have a week left of school here for the older two, and are really looking forward to summer vacation. In my last post I said spring was finally here, but that ended a couple days after I wrote that, and just this week we are finally getting into the 60's and 70's! Yah!!
We broke down and bought a used travel trailer for camping. Up to this point, we have been tent campers, but we decided it was time to upgrade, and found a really cool hybrid type trailer, that has a hard shell in the middle and two "pop out" kind of things. It sleeps 7. Anyone think I could talk David into filling it up with another kid? Yeah, right. Doubt it!
We have tried out the trailer on a one night camping trip so far and LOVE it! We're going again this weekend, and hopefully lots more this summer.
Playing in the dirt: the best part of camping!
Oh, and can't go camping without s'mores!
Cuddle time in the morning
Passing time on some cold spring days
Wow, we have a strong Daddy!!
Love the updates and pics. You really need to keep up better! lol j/k...I haven't updated either! Again...and as always, your family is an inspiration that there is still life outside the house "with toddlers"...lol
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Sheri