Friday, November 13, 2009

baby steps

This whole adoption is a bunch of baby steps. Steps closer to Josiah. I'd have to go back and count just how many steps there have been, but we just took yet another step. I found out today that we got our I-800 approval (immigration) on the 10th. It hasn't come in the mail yet, but I called our immigration officer and she told me that it was already approved. Every step is a huge relief. Now our paperwork will be shipped off to some other office in the US government and then to the US Consulate in Guangzhou, China. Then we will wait for something called an Article 5, basically the US's final stamp off approval. Then more paperwork goes to the Chinese government and we wait for our Travel Approval. Once we have travel approval, we will make our consulate appointment and set up a gotcha day. PHEW! This adoption process sure is not for the faint hearted! We are going to try to travel as soon as we can after getting TA, hopefully within 2 weeks after TA we will be going to China. The next few steps have some variability as far as timing, but we are hoping to travel in January.

1 comment:

  1. April, we are so excited for you to get to travel and bring your precous Josiah home! You are right...baby steps! We are doing baby steps with Olivia now that she is home getting used to us, a schedule, and medical appts. God is good!

    ReplyDelete