Saturday, May 31, 2014

Getting to know Jacob

We had another great day today.  Jacob slept all night long and I even had to wake him up so he could meet his brothers and sister on Skype.  Jacob is very good at copying what we say and was trying to name all his brothers and sisters, in addition to Daddy, Nana, and Grandpa by the end of the call.  He ended up calling the brothers ge ge, which is big brother in Chinese; Jie jie, big sister, Ba ba for daddy.  It even seemed like he recognized them!  

Then we went to the Henan provincial museum. We had a different guide today, and he talked pretty much nonstop for over two hours.  I learned more about China, Zhengzou, and Henan province than I ever have known.

Then we came back to the hotel and had a carpet picnic while skyping with Daddy.  David got to see for himself what a cutie he is.  Jacob is very curious, and likes doing whatever we are doing, eating what we are eating, and tries copying what we say.  I gave him a sippy cup with water this morning, and it is his new favorite thing.  He calls it "baby" and makes sure I don't forget to bring it along wherever we go.  He is very persistant about wanting to have it a lot, so he is very well hydrated!

Jacob is officially part of the family - he likes pizza!  We went to pizza hut for dinner. 



Sent from Samsung tablet

1 comment:

  1. Oh April, he is just so precious. And I can't get over how much Olivia has grown up. It's crazy how far they have come, seems like yesterday we brought the girls home.

    hugs
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete