Monday, May 19, 2014

We are going to China!!

We got our travel approval on Friday and our consulate appointment was confirmed this morning.   So for a good part of today I have been booking flights. We leave on May 28th, 9 days from now!  I can't believe the time to meet Jacob is almost here.

Olivia is going to be my traveling buddy.  We are going to make a quick stop in Fuzhou, where Olivia is from, on the way to Zhengzhou.  Our travel agency is trying to locate her foster family so that we can visit them. Please pray they can be located, Olivia is really looking forward to seeing them again. Her only memories of them is through pictures.  She spent most of the first year and a half of her life with them.

Then we get to meet Jacob on June 2nd.  I am so excited, but also nervous. He has been at an excellent foster/group home with lots of love, so I know it is going to be so hard for him to leave.

Lots to do to get ready!

Here is a picture of Jacob with his buddy from his foster home (Jacob is on the upper left).  They are only a day apart in age.  I know it will be so hard for everyone to say goodbye!

Jacob turns 2 on Friday!!  I am sad we are missing his birthday, but we will have lots more to celebrate with him.

1 comment: