Today couldn't have gone better. Olivia and I ventured out to walmart to stock up on some snacks, lunch food, and other baby stuff. Thanks, Sara, for the great directions!! Olivia and I had a chance to try out the swimming pool, trying to kill some time and work out some nerves. Then at 2:30 we left to the civil affairs office. The drive was quicker than anticipated so we got there before Jacob. We were the only family there and the lights were all turned off. I was standing by the door and saw a van pull up and a man came out carrying Jacob. He came to me with just a little whimper, and cried a teeny bit when the teacher from the orphanage walked to another part of the room. He was very easily soothed. He came with a little backpack filled with a toy, stuffed animal, some crackers and a drink, and the photo album that we sent to him. Once I pulled out the photo album, he became animated, and even said mama when he saw my picture. I could tell he was very well prepared for this day. At one point Olivia did something silly and he giggled. He has such a sweet nature. He is completely content sitting in my lap as I type this.
Jacob is such a sweetie pie. He is babbling often very quietly. He will copy many words that Olivia or I say.
I am so thankful for Swallows Nest foster home and the wonderful nannies. It is amazing the difference being loved makes.
Jacob is so loving to you and olivia
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Congrats Tranby Family!!! He is soooo handsome!
ReplyDeleteGOTCHA!! Peter
ReplyDeleteHe's perfect! Congratulations to all of you. See ya next week!
ReplyDeleteHe is just beautiful!! What a wonderful Gotcha Day memory.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Sheri