Thursday, January 7, 2010

last day in Xi'an

We found out that the picture link might not be working.  Sorry if this is the case!  We are trying to post more pictures to the blog now, so that should keep all you happy!!
 
Yesterday, we had a free day, and laid low most of the day.  We hung out at the hotel and took a few walks around the area.  Josiah enjoys being in the hotel room, probably because we allow him to walk around as opposed to being trapped in the carrier!  On Wednesday night we went to a fountain light show.  It was the most magnificent, huge fountain show that I have ever seen.  Puts Las Vegas to shame!   Then yesterday (Thursday) we tried to find a Wal Mart on our own.  We asked the front desk and they put a mark on the map where it is.  Well, we walked that way, even past where they said it was, and couldn't find a Wal Mart. (Something must have been lost in translation!)  Oh well.  We found what we needed at a local mini-mart after we came back (tape to fix our huge tear in our suitcase, a razor for David, and some Oreo's!)
 
It was really nice to have a day on our own.  Josiah took a 3 1/2 hour nap which I think he really needed.  Before the nap, he pitched a huge fit at our favorite dumpling restaurant.  I had to leave for a while with him until he calmed down.  After the nap, he was much happier.
 
Today, we have the morning free.  Then we are checking out of the hotel and going to visit the Bell Tower, picking up Josiah's passport, and heading to the airport to fly to Guangzhou.  We will be sad to say goodbye to Xi'an.  It has been a great week.  We are looking forward to the day when we can bring the whole family back and even visit the orphanage in Hanzhong.


Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now.

2 comments:

  1. When I saw the first picture, my first thought is that Josiah looks like he's been with you forever....for a second I forgot it was the adoption trip you all look so comfortable, happy and just meant to be.

    So happy you've had a great week.

    I couldn't see the photos at the link either but I'll try again later.

    Looking forward to the next post!

    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Christy, you both make this look so easy! Must be an age thing...I'm apparently getting too old to travel with toddlers to a foreign country! You two amaze me!! The boys look so happy together. It just makes me smile. ;o)
    Hugs,
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete