Monday, January 11, 2010

Pedestrian street

This morning, we had Josiah's TB test checked.  It was OK!!  So no X-ray needed.
 
This afternoon, our guide took us and three other families from our agency on a walking tour of a pedestrian shopping street.  It started out with a medicine market, which included lots of interesting types of herbal medicines and other dried animals, such as lizard, sea horses, and some live scorpions.  Apparently they put the scorpions in wine, let it sit for one year, then drink it.  It is supposed to give you energy I think.
 
Then there was a pet market, which was a street that had pets out in cages along the street.  Fish, turtles, dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters.  Josiah loved pointing out all the different animals.  After that there is a huge pedestrian shopping area with all kinds of shops - clothing, electronics, jewelry.  You name it, it was there.  We were disappointed that the "chicken man" wasn't out and about.  We saw his costume, but he must have been on a break.
 
By the time we were done, we were all tired and hungry.  So we broke down and went to Lucy's, which is a common restaurant for all us Americans craving American food.  I hate to admit it, but it was pretty good.
 
Tomorrow is our consulate appointment.  We don't do anything for this, except wait in our room for an hour, and if our guide doesn't call us this means that everything with our paperwork for Josiah's visa is fine.  Then in the afternoon we will go to a park.  It was colder today, and I think it is supposed to get a little colder.  So much for getting to go out without a coat on this trip!


Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics and updates. I bet you are one tired mommy carrying that big boy around. Delaney recognizes some of the GZ pics. I think it makes her miss "her China."

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,
    As much as I want to see your family reunited, I wish you guys could hang out in China an additional week or 2 just so I could keep reading your posts. Very entertaining and your enthusiasm is contagious. Can you do me a favor and talk Josh into a #4 for me??

    Christy

    ReplyDelete