Friday, January 8, 2010

We made it to Guangzhou

We are in Guangzhou.  Finally got to our hotel, it feels like we are in a palace compared to our last hotel.  Didn't realize how rustic and small our last hotel room was until we get into ours here at the Victory.  We could live here for weeks!  Will be nice for our week stay here.  Josiah did OK traveling.  He cried off and on the entire 1 1/2 hour flight (saw more tears than the entire past 5 days), but we all survived.  Tomorrow morning we have Josiah's medical appt.  It will probably be a long morning, followed by paperwork in the afternoon.  Please pray that Josiah is not too traumatized by the medical check up and that he will not need too many shots!  Well, off to sleep in our SOFT KING SIZE BED!!!!!  Looking forward to my most comfortable night sleep in a week.  I'll post pictures tomorrow and tell more about what we did today.  I'm on the hotel's computer (in our room!), but don't want to download pictures to this computer.
 
Hannah and Olivia, have a great weekend at Nana and Grandpa's house!  We love you and we will miss Skyping with you for the next few days!

4 comments:

  1. I love the way you guys are soaking up China and your whole experience. So great to see.

    I wonder if Josiah's ears might have been bothering him on the flight? Just thinking out loud.

    Have fun in beautiful GZ.

    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved our time in Guangzhou and at the Victory - those soft beds are amazing. Glad to see things going so well and loving the pictures of the family and especially of the brothers! Hugs from Charlie, Betsy, Annie, Bethany and Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying following your trip and your pics are great. Josiah looks so cute and happy with you. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so enjoying your journey!!
    We are coming to China in April or May to adopt our 7 yr old son and we are bringing our 4 children. So a total of 8 people(including Grandma) Does the Victory have any connecting rooms with two queen beds? Since you are there what do you suggest as the best set up for us. (that would be very comfortable) I will pay extra for good sleep...just would prefer not to stay at the WS again. Thanks so much!!
    Tina
    sh0ptildr@aol.com

    ReplyDelete