Sunday, June 15, 2014

Family of 8!

We made it  home on Thursday afternoon.  I'm just now coming out of the jetlag fog enough to post.  The flight was really good.  Jacob slept part of the first leg to Tokyo, and then almost all of the flight from Tokyo to San Francisco.  He barely cried at all.  I know this was due to all of our prayer warriors, so thank you!!

Jacob has done overall really well since coming home.  He is sleeping great (Olivia and I are a different story).  He loves following around his siblings.  They are all being great with him, even Jayden doesn't freak out when Jacob takes his toys.  Jacob is slowly starting to warm up to David.  Last night, I let him stay up a little late because he started playing with David without me in the room.  Baby steps, but I know he will come to love his Daddy once he figures out what a great Dad he is!

It is always hard to add a new member to the family and find a new groove, but this time around seems like a better transition than the past couple adoptions.

Jacob is showing his personality more and more.  He is really a fun kid.  He smiles readily and laughs whenever anyone else is laughing, even when he has no idea what is funny.  I think eventually he will be an adventurous one.  On the playground today, he kept wanting to go up the steps and down the slide (actually he would have gone up the slide if I would have let him and if he was able).  He doesn't seem to have any fear of falling, which can be dangerous.  I have to stay very close to him and keep a hand on him most times.  I think he would be one to fall off a play structure just for the fun of it.  He hasn't been walking very long, so really had beginning walker/toddler balance.  He sometimes will fall in the grass and doesn't even cry.  His fearless, mischievous streak may end up causing injuries I fear, especially since he doesn't have arms to catch himself.

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful pictures, and such a beautiful family!!! I'm so excited for you both. I cannot get over how much everyone has grown. I don't get on blogs anymore, and have missed so much. I finally thought I'd try and catch up a bit. I'm so happy for your sweet family.
    Hugs,
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete