Thursday, June 5, 2014

Shaolin temple

Today was our big tourist day. We drove about 2 hours through the countryside to Shaolin mountain and Shaolin temple. Jacob did pretty good on the drive, which was a relief. He slept an hour on the way there. For most of the time, I kept feeding him some fish crackers, which kept him mostly happy.  Then on the drive back he had fun playing with the empty cracker boxes. He has a strong mischievous streak and loves dropping thing to get a reaction, amd he lauhs when I catch him doing something bad, like chewing on a cord or putting coins in his mouth. Oh boy, he is our sixth child, but the first one that I will actually have to baby proof the house for! Guess we had it coming...

The temple itself was pretty much like every other buddist temple I have been to. One monk came up to us and wanted to do a blessing for Jacob. I politely declined. Sorry, there are some things I just won't allow even if it did offend. I just told our guide that we are Christians and left it at that.

Tomorrow night we head out to Guangzhou. I will miss Zhengzhou. I love so much about China, the people,  the sights, the smells. This is the birthplace of our son, so it will always be a special place.  

We so appreciate all your prayers. This trip has been difficult in many ways but we also know that God is with us every step of the way.


Sent from Samsung tablet

1 comment:

  1. April, I look forward to your posts every day. I know what you mean about the youngest child (I won't say last for you!) bringing a fun, unique personality (wink wink).
    Looks like such a nice province. I'm with you - love China so much. Continue to soak it up. You'll be home before you know it.
    Christy

    ReplyDelete