When Jacob was little, he was chosen to live at a foster group home. We got to visit his home and one other home yesterday. Jacob got to see his foster siblings and nannies and say one final goodbye. We had a fun welcoming committee of his cute friends waiting for us at the door. The kids in his home are all very interactive and oh so cute! It was so good to see the wonderful loving care that he had received. Jacob was a little clingy at first but started to warm up once snack came out. But he always had to stay right by or on me. He definitely hasstaked his claim on me. We got to visit another home too, but unfortunately he was very fussy during the visit. I think it was all very overwhelming for him. Aftrwards we got to walk around and have coffee with one of he interns from America and her fiance. I loved hearing their story about how they have both been called to orphan care. We also got to bring them out to lunch, plus the interim director of swallows nest, who is also very sweet.
Today has been filled with finalizing the adoption, applying forJacob's passport, and going to the notary. Lots of standing in lines and waiting long times in multiple offices. Jacob became very grumpy through the ordeal. Once we got back to the hotel he was happyy again. He probably thinks his hotel is his home. He has lots of changes coming up! I am already dreading the flights that are ahead.
Looks amazing! Did you pick out another one that you need to find the file for? ;o)
ReplyDeleteApril. Were you able to see and hold my little girl ? I am dying to hear of any news you may have. Paigecode@gmail.com. I've been fb you but it doesn't appear you have access to it. Loving the updates !!! He looks sooooooo good. I'm curious as to what he can do with his feet ?
ReplyDeleteThat was great fun, watching Jayden and Jacob interact and enjoy each other last night! Hannah is doing well with her musical practice; and as soon as we were off Skype, she went right to it! Both she and Joel sound good to me! I am so very sorry Joel got sick at all, much less missing his final concert of the year. Jacob is a sweetheart. Fun to see all you three are doing together! Jacob looks "just right" with his forever Mom and sister. Love, Lynn (and Nana!)
ReplyDelete