Friday, June 27, 2014

2 weeks home

Things are starting to feel a little more settled.  I am nervous about saying that, because the night after my last post (where I bragged about how well Jacob was sleeping), he was awake for 4 1/2 hours straight in the middle of the night.  But over the past couple days, Jacob is seeming a little more content.  He is playing with toys better, understanding better, and starting to communicate more.  I still am needing to hold him lots, and just cleaned the house with him in the carrier.  But this is a good thing for attachment, so I am fine with it.  Especially when he is happy to be in the carrier and not whining.  It is all good when he is not whining, and there has been a lot less of that the past couple days.

Jacob is a big eater, and will eat most things that I give him.  He likes being independent, always wanting to feed himself.  But he isn't completely coordinated yet to do it all himself, so that leads to some battles.  And he isn't very patient when it comes to being fed, so I have to have a forkful ready for him at all times!  We are working on him using words (like more) to ask for more food instead of grunting or whining.  He has his good moments and bad moments with this, but the good are getting more and more.  We have been going to lunch in the park (a free program for kids here in our town) many days, and people probably think I am crazy.  Many of the meals are just to difficult even for Jayden to feed himself, so I end up feeding the both Jayden and Jacob at the same time.  Sometimes I get my arms all in tangles trying to get the correct food/fork to the correct child, but it all works out.

Speaking of multi-tasking, just ask David, I am NOT a multi-tasker.  AT ALL.  I am really good at focusing on one thing at a time, and that is about it.  Well, look at this picture of me playing the violin while holding Jacob!  Guess 6th time is a charm in getting my super-power mommy multi-tasking abilities!  AND I didn't drop him!  Oh great, now that I said that, I will be dropping him soon.  Next post...



I had to take 25 pictures to get a half way decent picture of all the kids.  This is the best you are going to get.  When  you add a kid, it adds at least 15 outtakes to each photo shoot!  Add to that, one child, I won't mention any names, was throwing a giant fit right before this photo shoot.



All of the kids are really stepping up and being great siblings.  I was a little worried, coming back right at the beginning of Summer and having such intense family time.  But it has been the best case scenario and Jacob is fitting in with the family wonderfully.


No comments:

Post a Comment