We had a great day today. Yesterday afternoon it rained, which cleaned the air some and cooled down the temperature. Today was actually quite pleasant. In the morning we went to the ZhongYuan Tower. Think space needle, only a lot higher. We got to go up the elevator to an observation deck. We were able to have a panoramic view of the city.
After naps, we decided to venture out and explore. We went to a big park that is right near the hotel. We enjoyed listening to groups playng music on their chinese instruments and singing. Pretty cool. But once we arrived on the scene I think most of the attention turned to us than on the musicians. Then we noticed a bunch of people around a pond fishing. Olivia wanted to try, so we rented a fishing pole, bait, and bucket. We ended up catching 5 fish! An old man came up and took pity on me and helped Olivia bait the hook and take the fish off for the last 45 minutes. Don't worry, I got to experience taking a fish off the hook before he came over. Jacob thought the fish were pretty fun. When we were out of bait, we gave the fish to some kids who were next to us. Making memories!
By this time we were getting hungry for dinner. We didn't feel like eating in the Holiday Inn restaurant again, so we walked around for an hour looking for another restaurant (Sara, the street you recommended a restaurant on was under construction so we couldn't go there). Finally we found a little dumpling shop. It was shrimp and pork dumplings. Very good. If we don't end up getting sick, we will be going back!
Jacob is sitting in my lap jabbering like crazy. He is talking a lot. Most of it I don't understand, but he knows how to get his point across!
Tomorrow we get to visit his foster home. I am really looking forward to it. Please pray that Jacob does OK with the visit, finds closure, and has fun seeing his friends.
What a fun day. Make memories for sure. The fishing is definitely a unique experience for an adoption trip to China. I like how you described Jacob getting his point across. I can totally get that from one of mine. I'll be praying for the foster home visit. Seems like Jacob has been so well prepared but I'll pray his little spirit is covered in peace.
ReplyDelete