Saturday, June 7, 2014

Guangzhou

Yesterday, we had a super low key day, mostly hanging in the hotel room until leaving last night for a latw might flight to Guangzhou. We got to our hotel room around 1:30 am and crashed. Jacob did ok for the flight.  He cried and screamed when he realized I was going to make him stay buckled, but evemtially settled down. I had him in the aisle seat, which was a mistake. He kept putting his head or feet out into the aisle and one time got bumped in the head by a fast walking steward. So he scrwamed again when I switched seats with him. He fell asleep for he last 20 minutes. So all in all, it could have been worse.

Today, we had Jacob's medical check up. It was in a different building near the consulate,  so not on Shaiman Island anymore.  Looks like we'll be taking a special trip to the island on another day.  Jacob pretty much cried whenever anyone touched him and completely screamed bloody murder wjen the nurse took him in another room to draw blood for the tb test. They don't allow parents in there.

The highlight of our day was meeting up with a good friend and her newly adopted son for dinner. She is a special friend who I got to know while adopting Jayden, and we have supported each other through this adoption,  going through each step together. She is from the other side of the country,  so the only time we see each other is in china. Her friendship has been a gift from God. 

Another hihlight of the day was when Jacob said an unsolicited "ai ni" which means "love you" in Chinese.  Soooo sweet. This was right after a very traumatic bath (he hates baths) and then I sang Rockaby baby.  All of my kids love rockaby baby.




Sent from Samsung tablet



Sent from Samsung tablet

No comments:

Post a Comment