Well, not really chillin. More like cooking. It's just plain hot here. And humid. I'm ready for the wonderful mid 70's weather that they have been having back home.
Yesterday, we had a free day, and we took the subway over to Shaiman Island, did a little shopping and took a taxi back. The taxi was 3 times more money, but also three times faster than the subway, so well worth it.
Then we got together with another family that just arrived from our agency. They also have a daughter who is Hannah's age, so Hannah is loving having a friend around. Then tonight all three families from our agency got together, so there were three 7 year old girls being silly together. They all had a blast.
Today, we visited an arts and crafts museum, which was in a building that was built during the Qing dynasty, and there were many different kinds of artwork displayed.
Jayden is eating a little more variety each day. He will now eat congee mixed with mashed up bananas, and tonight for dinner he ate a rice noodle soup. He still loves his bottle the best. But that is OK, it is a great bonding time for us. We tried the pool again today, and Jayden still prefers to just sit on my lap and stick his feet in. Fine by me again. It is getting easier to get him to smile and laugh. He loves watching Hannah being silly, and loves being tickled. He still hates getting his diaper changed or changing his clothes, and gets upset when I set him down. He is still a really big cuddle bug and just loves snuggling up on me.
Tomorrow is the medical appointment. Fortunately, he will not have to get any shots like Josiah did. The US government changed that rule and allows us to sign an affidavit stating we will get him vaccinated when we go home. And since he is under 2 he will not have to have a TB test either. So no pokes. Hopefully that will make it a fairly easy time at the check up. I'm sure putting him down to be checked will be an issue, but it could be alot worse.
I so appreciate all your prayers. This trip has overall gone very well. I know God is watching out for us and guiding every step of ours. David and the kids seem to be doing well at home too.
Happy Father's Day, honey! You are a wonderful dad. I don't know what I would do without you. I love you!!
Love the pic of Jayden smiling and using his feet to play. He is amazing!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you made it to GZ safely.
Praying the trip continues to go well!
Christy