This is going to be a quick post. It is getting late, and I still have to pack for going to Gaozhou to visit Jayden's orphanage. Even though we are just going for one night and coming back, we have to still move out of our hotel room.
We didn't have any planned activities in the morning, so we took a taxi to a mall and found an arcade type place for Hannah to do some fun activities. Then this afternoon, we applied for Jayden's passport.
Jayden's cough is much better today. Thank you so much for all your prayers!! He didn't sleep well at all last night, so we were both pretty tired all day. He has been pretty grumpy and lethargic today, and still has a low fever. But I am praying he is on the mend.
We met up with another family that is from our agency today. We went out to dinner with them, and Hannah now has a friend to play with. Hannah has been so patient with Jayden and all the boring paperwork steps that are involved with an adoption, I was so glad that she could just have some silly time with her new friend. On Saturday, another girl her age will be arriving, and I can just see these three together having a blast.
We are off to Gaozhou tomorrow morning. It is a 5 hour drive, and we will stay in a hotel down there. Then on Friday morning we visit the orphanage. I am so thankful that we are getting the opportunity to see the place that Jayden spent his first 21 months of his life. I'm pretty sure I won't have an internet connection down there, so most likely won't post tomorrow.
April,
ReplyDeleteSo glad Hannah found a friend and some fun things to do - she's been such a trooper.
Can't wait for the post after the after orphanage post. Praying for safe travels.
David,
Your post below was really great too. Glad all is going well and you're hanging in there until April, Hannah and Jayden get home.
Christy