Tuesday, June 28, 2011

First few days home







We have been home for 4 days now. All of us are sleeping surprising well, considering the time change. Jayden is doing really well. He took to David great, as you can see from the pictures, and is having fun playing with his brothers and sisters. For the first couple days, Josiah seemed to be having the hardest time, but the past two days he has done much better and is even nearly potty trained now!! We have been working on potty training for many months with little improvements, and much resistance from Josiah. Guess he is embracing the big brother role now!

Jayden prefers to be held most of the day, except when he is eating at the table and sleeping. He will play on the floor with the other kids for short periods of time, which is slowly lengthening. Tonight, David pulled out his guitar, and Jayden showed off some great strumming. I think we may have a future musician on our hands! (or feet!!) He is trying new foods every day, but is still not sure how to chew food.

I'm sure we will have more challenging times ahead, but we are really enjoying this time of bonding with Jayden and the family.

4 comments:

  1. He looks like he is fitting right in! I hope you keep on blogging as he grows. And hopefully one day we'll end up in the same place at the same time, April!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. April,
    I think about pictures of Jayden when he was in an orphanage. I couldn't wait to see the other side of his life. Now I do and it feels just as good as I thought it would. He is amazing!!! You are a perfect fit for each other.
    Please please keep up your blog!!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally found that beautiful smile! What a doll and he looks so happy to be part of a family, too! Blessings to all of you as you continue to adjust!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a beautiful family. Thank you for all the info on the Gaozhou yahoo group!!!

    ReplyDelete