Monday, June 27, 2011

Home, Home at last

Well, the gang is all here and we have enjoyed our first weekend together (if you can count the fact that April, Hannah, and Jayden slept most of it away.....). April missed by l33t blogging skills while she was gone... wait... just realized I used an uber geek shorthand (l33t=leet which = awesomeness)... and asked me to fill everyone in on their safe return.

Let me run down the Friday of their return; Husband doesn't sleep all night and so wakes up early and starts to do a quick light cleaning and laundry ('cause- you know- the house was sooooo clean while they were gone) so that when the kids wake up at 7:00 the place is too clean and tidy to let them play. We have a quick breakfast, finish the bedrooms and head out to the garage to clean the van, move the carseats around... and check the clock... only 9:30. Ugh still have 3.5 hours until we need to leave... Well we wasted some more time and sat down for lunch at 11:55 and checked the flights... ACK! They get in at 12:39 not 1:00 pm! Fastest lunch ever. Seriously ever. I will never hear the end of it from our oldest. "Dad, you said...." Yah oopps. We made it though to pick them up! Thank goodness for small airports!

Jayden is a wonderful addition to our family. He already demonstrates his personality, quiet yet observant, relaxed yet ready to try anything, and showing us all how we could learn a thing or two about patience. Fortunately he is as taken with me as I am him, so we get along great.

Sorry, no pictures yet. Will post some and then wrap this blog up over the next two days.

1 comment:

  1. David,
    Thanks for the post since I’ve been refreshing more times than I care to admit. I don’t mean to be demanding but we need a picture of the 7 of you together :). Seriously though, glad you have your whole family home under one roof. You all make a great team. And I know what you mean about the patience. Kids with limb difference were given an extra dose of that, along with an extra dose of so many things that more than make up for anything people might say they are “missing”.
    God bless,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete