I lost my internet connection last night and part of today, so sorry there was no post of yesterday's events. Since David is not with me, I didn't know how to fix my computer problem, but fortunately another traveling dad is also a computer nerd, and he was able to figure out a solution.
Yesterday, Jayden has his medical appointment, which basically consisted of weighing him, measuring him, quickly looking at his body, ears, mouth, and eyes. It was nice doing this on a Monday as opposed to Saturday, because we were the only group there. Jayden did pretty good, except he hated it every time I had to lay him down.
Later that afternoon and evening, we went back to Shaiman island with two other families from our agency to do a little more shopping, eat at Lucy's, and take the red couch photo. As you can see from the photos, Hannah had a blast with her two friends. Too bad they live in North Carolina and Utah, but she will have to become pen pals with them.
Today, we went to the safari park. I was pleasantly surprised how nice the park is. We started out by riding in a tram type thing around the safari, and saw tons of animals up close in a more natural setting than in a zoo. Then we also walked around in an area that is more like a zoo, and saw a few shows. It was crazy hot and humid. I can only remember one other time I sweated more, and that was the last time I was in China in the summer. I was so glad that Jayden was willing to sit in a stroller for this one day. It would have been unbearable for both of us if he were in the carrier.
You'd think by now I could look at a picture of Jayden without getting all watery eyed with joy. He is so handsome and there is something very deep in his eyes - something very sincere and peaceful. I hope I can meet him (and all of you) in person some day.
ReplyDeleteSo glad the trip continues to go well.
Love,
Christy, Josh, Mia, Ava, Kai and Wei
He is so adorable! I hope the Dr. did not give you a hard time. When we adopted our dd Naomi a family traveling with us *needed* to educate the Dr. about how awesome kids with no arms can be. She has 2 without arms and they play violin, feed themselves and take care of all their toileting. He was amazed! Your little one is a precious boy!
ReplyDelete